David's father psychically battled Amahl Farouk on the Astral Plane and defeated him. To protect his son from any possible threats that would arise in the future, David's father handed him over as an infant to Mr. Haller and Mrs. Haller. However, the Farouk's lingering consciousness found David and rooted himself within the boy's mind, intending to take full possession of David's body and use his powers to exact revenge on the man who defeated him. 
Powers and abilities
- Telepathy: Based on what Haller recalled, his father was a powerful psychic that did battle with the Shadow King and won.
- Astral Manipulation: In David's mental recreation of this fight, his father is seen using telepathy against the Shadow King on the Astral Plane.
- In the comics, Professor Charles Xavier is the father of David Haller. As of yet, his identity is unconfirmed in the Legion universe. However, there are various hints in the show that David's father is Xavier based on events from the comics:
- The chalkboard sequence in "Chapter 7" depicts David's father as being bald and wearing a suit, much like Xavier from the comics.
- Both Xavier and David's father psychically fought the Shadow King and were absent in his formative years.
- Xavier's wheelchair from X-Men: Apocalypse appears briefly in "Chapter 7".
- "Chapter 7" (mentioned)